Sunday, July 24–Saturday, July 30, 2022
Dates to Remember
- March 28, 2022: Many Point meeting and ice cream social
- April 11, 2022: Sign-up deadline for Many Point 2021; $100 down payment (non-refundable if Scout cancels after June 1st) and Older Scout Tier 2 registrations due
- April 25, 2022: $135 payment due
- May 23, 2022: Final $135 payment, medical forms, shooting waiver, ATV permission, merit badge selection and all other payments due
- We leave Sunday, July 24 at 7:30 am from the Elim Lutheran Church parking lot. Arrive at 7:15 a.m. to load your personal gear. We will return Saturday, July 30, approximately 3:00 pm to Elim. Your Scout will call you shortly before arriving.
Cost and Campership Information
- The total cost for youth is $370. This includes transportation, camp fees, a cot, awards, and recognition patches.
- Adults cost $75 to partially offset their camp cost.
- Northern Star Council camperships may be applied by completing the new online Northern Star Scouting Campership form. The council will discount the cost up to $162 in 2021.
- If other financial need is required, talk to Scoutmaster Chris.
At or before the spring Court of Honor, All Scouts and adults must complete and turn in:
- Each day has three merit badge sessions in the morning. These are when Scouts work on merit badges or other advancement.
- Scouts going to Many Point for the first time should take First Class Adventure to jump-start their rank advancement.
- First Class Adventure is held during sessions 2 and 3. First-year Scouts should choose a merit badge for session 1 only.
- Session 1 merit badges to choose from:
- Fish and Wildlife Management/Mammal Study
- Leatherwork/Basketry (both badges, materials cost approx. $25 combined)
- Rifle Shooting
- Wilderness Survival
- All merit badge books should be checked out from the Scout Room at Elim, or purchased at the Scout Shop. Read them before camp, and be sure to complete all prerequisites BEFORE CAMP. Note that some badges have extra costs and these fees should be sent with the Troop “banker”.
What the Troop Provides
- The troop has been maintaining cabin tents for use only at Many Point that each accommodate up to four Scouts. This allows us to leave the mosquito netting and frames at home! The large tents will give us plenty of storage and room to gather during downtime and inclement weather.
- Scouts will use the large cabin tents as usual, with three Scouts per tent. If Scouts prefer (for COVID-related reasons) they may use a 1 or 4 person troop tent or bring their own.
- Adults may always bring their own tents or use a troop tent.
- The troop also rents a cot for each Scout to sleep on at Many Point.
What Scouts Should Bring
- Spending and meal money
- This money should be in an envelope with your Scout’s name and total amount turned into the adult “banker”.
- Cash will be accepted at the Trading Post, but a credit card or prepaid Visa gift card is recommended.
- This will cover meals up and back, trading post snack, merit badge supplies, extra activity fees (such as tie-dyed shirts) and ammunition tickets.
- Items on the personal camping gear list
- If your Scout does not plan on sleeping in the cabin tents, bring a sleeping pad or cot that will fit in a smaller tent (a low-profile cot would likely fit).
- Each Scout should bring a 14-gallon Rubbermaid (or equivalent) tub to store personal gear in. These tubs are just the right size to slide under the cots.
- Scouts may bring collapsible chairs to sit on.
- Sunscreen should be spray-on and SPF 25+.
- Mosquito repellent must be a lotion or pump spray only, NOT a can.
- Fishing poles should not have hooks on them and should be broken down or in a case.
All prescription drugs to be taken at camp should be turned into our medical officer. Medication should be in original containers and must include written directions.
If you have any questions, talk to our Many Point Chair, Chris Hagge, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-229-3251.
For pictures from previous years, visit our Many Point photo galleries.
Many Point Contact Information
Camp Phone: 218-573-3257
Samoset – Troop 141
Ten Chiefs Camp
Many Point Scout Camp
41408 Many Point Scout Camp Road
Ponsford, MN 56575
- If you would like to send your Scout a letter, send it early because the mail takes several days to get to camp.
- If you want your Scout to send you letters, send paper and pen with self addressed stamped envelopes.
2022 Many Point Presentation
Scouts BSA Troop 141 at Many Point video (about 3 minutes)