Sunday, July 25–Saturday, July 31, 2021
Dates to Remember
- March 1, 2021: Sign-up begins, and requires $100 down payment (non-refundable if Scout cancels after June 1st)
- March 29, 2021: Many Point meeting and ice cream social
- April 1, 2021: Older Scout Tier 2 program registration opens
- April 12, 2021: Sign-up deadline for Many Point 2021
- April 16, 2021: Older Scout Tier 2 program registration becomes first come, first served
- April 26, 2021: $125 payment due
- May 24, 2021: Final $125 payment, medical forms, shooting waiver, ATV permission, merit badge selection and all other payments due
- We leave Sunday, July 25 at 7:30 am from the Elim Lutheran Church parking lot. Arrive at 7:15 a.m. to load your personal gear. We will return Saturday, July 31, approximately 3:00 pm to Elim. Your Scout will call you shortly before arriving.
Cost and Campership Information
- The total cost for youth is $350. This includes transportation, camp fees, a cot, awards, and recognition patches.
- Adults cost $75 to partially offset their camp cost.
- Northern Star Council camperships may be applied by completing the Northern Star Council Campership Form. The council will discount the cost up to $152 in 2021.
- Troop 141 also has a scholarship fund available for active scouts who participate in troop fundraising. See Dave Bronson or Roger Hagerman for more information.
At or before the spring Court of Honor, All Scouts and adults must complete and turn in:
- Each day has three merit badge sessions in the morning. These are when Scouts work on merit badges or other advancement.
- Scouts going to Many Point for the first time should take First Class Adventure to jump-start their rank advancement.
- First Class Adventure is held during sessions 1 and 2. First Class aquatics should be taken, but is an afternoon troop activity. First-year Scouts should choose a merit badge for session 3 only.
- Session 3 merit badges to choose from:
- Swim lessons (not a merit badge)
- Emergency Preparedness
- Leatherwork/Basketry (both badges)
- Swimming (merit badge)
- All merit badge books should be checked out from the Scout Room at Elim, or purchased at the Scout Shop. Read them before camp, and be sure to complete all prerequisites BEFORE CAMP. Note that some badges have extra costs and these fees should be sent with the Troop “banker”.
What the Troop Provides
- The troop has been maintaining cabin tents for use only at Many Point that each accommodate up to four Scouts. This allows us to leave the mosquito netting and frames at home! The large tents will give us plenty of storage and room to gather during downtime and inclement weather.
- NOTE FOR 2021: Like last year, COVID-19 protocols may require individual tenting again (though siblings may share a tent). That is yet to be determined. If this is the case, Scouts may use 1 or 4 person troop tents or bring their own.
- Adults may always bring their own tents or use a troop tent.
- The troop also rents a cot for each Scout to sleep on at Many Point.
What Scouts Should Bring
- Spending and meal money
- This money should be in an envelope with your Scout’s name and total amount turned into the adult “banker”.
- Cash will be accepted at the Trading Post, but a credit card or prepaid Visa gift card is recommended.
- This will cover meals up and back, trading post snack, merit badge supplies, extra activity fees (such as tie-dyed shirts) and ammunition tickets.
- Items on the personal camping gear list
- NOTE FOR 2021: If we cannot use the cabin tents, bring a sleeping pad or cot that will fit in a smaller tent (a low-profile cot would likely fit).
- Each Scout should bring a 14-gallon Rubbermaid (or equivalent) tub to store personal gear in. These tubs are just the right size to slide under the cots.
- Scouts may bring collapsible chairs to sit on.
- Sunscreen should be spray-on and SPF 25+.
- Mosquito repellent must be a lotion or pump spray only, NOT a can.
- Fishing poles should not have hooks on them and should be broken down or in a case.
All prescription drugs to be taken at camp should be turned into our medical officer. Medication should be in original containers and must include written directions.
If you have any questions, talk to our Many Point Chair, Tim Gebur, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-535-5262.
For pictures from previous years, visit our Many Point photo galleries.
Many Point Contact Information
Camp Phone: 218-573-3257
Samoset – Troop 141
Ten Chiefs Camp
Many Point Scout Camp
41408 Many Point Scout Camp Road
Ponsford, MN 56575
- If you would like to send your Scout a letter, send it early because the mail takes several days to get to camp.
- If you want your Scout to send you letters, send paper and pen with self addressed stamped envelopes.
2021 Many Point Presentation
Scouts BSA Troop 141 at Many Point video (about 3 minutes)
- Chris Hagge (Scoutmaster)